OWLSHOTZ
OWLSHOTZ
OWLSHOTZ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OWLSHOTZ

Raptors and Other Birds

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Owlshotz has Reopen and is ready for the 2016 Season of new Barn Owl Couples and owlets.

Welcome to Our New Admin Willowfeather.

New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin1955
Admin

New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Empty
PostSubject: New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs    New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 am

http://goosebottom.camstreams.com/

Barn Owl Camera in Ohio

Enjoy watching our Barn Owls raise its young from egg through fledging. Egg 1 laid 3/28/12
Egg 2 laid 3/30/12
Egg 3 laid 4/1/12
Egg 4 laid 4/3/12
Egg 5 laid 4/5/12
Egg 6 laid 4/8/12

Incubation period = average 30 days
Back to top Go down
Gary S

PostSubject: I Love Your Owl Cam   New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:45 am

Greetings:
I love your barn owl cam and have been watching since the eggs were laid. It's amazing how fast the babies are growing! I could only count five babies this morning; are there still six?

Mom is amazing. Her balance is phenomenal as she stands there, on one leg, asleep.

I've gotten to see dad twice now bringing in food and breeding. I see he's banded.

You should put the link to this page on your webcam page. I had to search to find this. I see you have a lot of other owl stuff here, too.

I never knew I liked owls this much till I found your cam. Since then, I have been learning a lot about barn owls. I never knew they could be that sociable.

Now I see a baby getting close to the edge of the box. Can they fall out? Will mom pull them back?

Gary

Back to top Go down
Admin1955
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs    New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks for your comments Gary.

This is not MY cam it is in Ohio and I only monitor and find cams around the world and post updates and links for all to see..
I see at least 5 babies who are Gular Fluttering due to having to cool off..
As for getting to close to the door that is something Mom is aware of and she knows where her babies are..

Any more questions feel free to ask..

Laura
Back to top Go down
Gary S

PostSubject: I Love Your Owl Cam   New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:39 am

Oh, sorry, I thought it was yours. Embarassed

Mom was gone a few minutes and I got a good look and I can report that all six owlets are alive and well. Very Happy

I saw a cool video on YouTube of a cat and barn owl playing. I also watched a video of a tragedy that can happen to them (wish I hadn't watched that).

Do you know what a group of owls is called? A "Parliament of Owls". Laughing

BTW, I love your background. It's perfect.

Gary

P.S. I, too, am 56.

Back to top Go down
Gary S.

PostSubject: How Long Till They Fledge?   New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 am

I was wondering, about how long is it after they hatch till they fledge?

Since they banded the babies yesterday, I have not seen the mom (or dad) at all. Do you think they spooked her so bad she has left for good?

Thanks,
Gary
Back to top Go down
Admin1955
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs    New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:17 am

They will start coming out between 55-65 days to learn to branch .. Flying will happen after..

Yes the parents may have been SPOOKED but they will be back ..

Don't worry about them YET..

Back to top Go down
Gary S

PostSubject: No Sign Yet   New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Laura,
There is no sign of either parent yet (that I've seen). This is getting too stressful. Having lost the last of 7 ferrets not long ago, I can't deal with more animal death right now. You tell me how it turns out, because I can't watch.

I have been wondering about the banding. Is there a central group somewhere that handles that? All those band numbers have to go somewhere. Are barn owls protected in any way?

I'm hoping someone who knows something is watching them and will interceed before it's too late.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Admin1955
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs    New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 pm

I just looked in and still see 5 babies but they are thin someone has to be feeding them maybe just not enough food yet.. If they aren't doing better tomorrow I will try to contact the cam people.

Back to top Go down
Gary S

PostSubject: Any News?   New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Well, it's been four days now. I still don't have the guts to look. Are they still alive?

Since banding can (obviousely) cause such destruction to owl family units, is it really that necessary? I see no good from it - I only see damage.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Admin1955
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs    New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Most of the time it is not that upsetting NO!

Sometimes things happen, but very few do banding.

I sent a email to the UK to find the addy for the OHIO Site..

So hopefully I will hear back..

I will check in on them again tonight..

Laura
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs    New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Webcam Owl IN OHIO with 6 Eggs
Page 1 of 1